Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
Meghan Markle has reportedly been offered her most substantial acting role since 'Suits' Mark Jones/Wikimedia Commons

Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle has reportedly been offered a major new screen project, marking her most substantial acting opportunity since departing the legal drama 'Suits'.

According to reports, the undisclosed television project is considered highly significant and has generated considerable excitement within the couple's circle.

The Hollywood career update arrives alongside confirmation that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are preparing for an extended relocation back to the United Kingdom later this month.

Accompanied by seven-year-old Prince Archie and five-year-old Princess Lilibet, who are set to begin British schooling in September, the family aims to establish a private, non-royal residence outside London. However, the transition unfolds amid heightened financial scrutiny, with Prince Harry reportedly facing mounting legal exposure linked to upcoming court costs worth up to £10 million.

Major Acting Offer Linked to UK Move

The project was first revealed by news.com.au royal correspondent Bronte Coy, who told BBC Radio 4's Today programme on Friday that Meghan had been offered a major role, calling it her most substantial acting work since she left 'Suits'. 'I'm told it's significant, and she's very excited about it,' Coy said.

A spokesperson for the Sussexes declined to comment when approached, and did not deny the project's existence. No title, filming location or production partner has been confirmed, and the scale of the reported deal cannot be independently verified.

Sources cited by People magazine say the offer, alongside Harry's charitable commitments and the children's schooling, is among the factors 'aligning' the timing of the family's new chapter in Britain.

The couple are preparing to relocate from California for an extended UK stay with Prince Archie, seven, and Princess Lilibet, five, after six years based in Montecito, setting up a private, non-royal home base while retaining their Montecito house and Meghan's US ventures, including As Ever, Archewell Productions and Archewell Philanthropies.

Meghan stepped away from acting in 2017 after wrapping her role as paralegal Rachel Zane in 'Suits', shortly before her 2018 wedding, and has since focused on producing and voiceover work. That stance eased last year when she took a cameo appearance as herself in 'Close Personal Friends', alongside Lily Collins and Jack Quaid, filming in Pasadena in November 2025.

Harry Faces Mounting Legal Risk as UK Base Planned

Separately, Harry is said to be facing a potential £10 million legal blow, linked in UK media reports to the risk of covering the other side's costs should he lose one of his ongoing legal battles. That figure and the case it concerns have not been independently verified.

The prospective move marks the Sussexes' first UK base since they gave up the lease on Frogmore Cottage, the Windsor property gifted by the late Queen Elizabeth. King Charles asked them to vacate it in 2023 following the publication of Harry's memoir, 'Spare'.

According to People, the King was told of the couple's plans on 16 August and is understood to welcome further private contact with the Sussex family. In July, he saw Archie and Lilibet for the first time in more than four years during a visit that included tea at Highgrove House. The family also travelled to Althorp House in Northamptonshire, where Princess Diana grew up and is buried, and are believed to have visited her grave on the island in the Oval Lake.

Next Steps for the Sussexes in Britain

With a transatlantic move, a possible screen comeback for Meghan and a looming multimillion-pound legal risk for Harry all developing in parallel, Britain is once again set to be the backdrop against which the couple manage work, family and public scrutiny.

The return of the Sussex family inevitably reignites inquisitive speculation regarding broader dynamics within the British monarchy. While relations with King Charles have shown tentative signs of warming following private family visits earlier this year, tensions involving Prince William remain deeply entrenched.

Commentators suggest that having the Sussexes stationed on British soil will inevitably amplify public scrutiny across media platforms.

As Archie and Lilibet prepare for their autumn term in British classrooms, the family must navigate a delicate balance between public visibility and private security.