Pratyusha Banerjee's parents have reportedly written to the Chief Minister alleging that their daughter was murdered by her boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh. The 24-year-old actress was found dead in the home she shared with Singh on Friday (1 April).

It was initially thought that she took her own life by hanging herself, however her parents subsequently alleged that her boyfriend had some hand in her death.

In a letter to Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, the home department and to Commissioner of Police Datta Padsalgikar Shona wrote: "We have a suspicion that she has been murdered by Rahul... He has also been threatening us and the witnesses."

Pratyusha's mother also demanded in her letter that the case be transferred to the Crime Branch, alleging that the Bangur Nagar police had not paid due consideration to the family's suspicions that Rahul may be implicated in their daughter's death. They further claimed that the police had enabled Rahul to destroy key evidence.

Friends of the actress who was best known for playing Anandi in drama series Balika Vadhu have also cast doubt over suggestions that she would take her own life. According to The Indian Express actress and friend Kamya Punjabi alleged that Pratyusha had become 'extremely depressed' over her relationship with boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh. "Her relationship was not good. She was going through a very rough patch in her life. She had distanced us away from her owing to her troubled relation(with Rahul)."

Rahul, who currently stands accused of abetting Pratyusha's suicide, visited the Bangur Nagar police station for the second day of questioning, in accordance with the Bombay High Court's order. He arrived with his lawyers and a doctor for two hours of questioning. NDTV reports that Rahul was asked to recount some of the events around Pratyusha's death.

As he exited the station, Rahul, who was the last person to see Pratyusha alive, was asked by the assembled media what the last words she said to him were. He revealed he had spoken to her on the phone after he left the house when she reportedly said, 'I love you, come back soon'.

Rahul refused to comment on the case any further saying: "I will talk to the media at the right time, with evidence that will prove me innocent."

Rahul's interim relief will end on April 18, after which he could be arrested by the police if the court does not give him further relief.

The Samaritans provides a free support service for those who need to talk to someone. The charity can be contacted through or on 08457 90 90 90, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.