Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti says the Spanish giants are yet to make a decision on signing Martin Odegaard, even though recent reports in Spain claim Los Blancos have already secured his services.
Despite Odegaard turning 16 in December, he is one of the most sought-after players in Europe. Last year, he became the youngest player ever to feature for the Norway senior team, when he came on as a substitute in a Euro 2016 qualifier against Bulgaria.
Manchester United, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Ajax, Real Madrid and Liverpool have since been linked with a move for him.
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers recently admitted the attacking midfielder has "got wonderful ability and wonderful talent", while the player fuelled speculation about a move to Anfield, revealing his passion for the Merseyside team.
"Liverpool have always been my dream club. But I will not let this affect my decision when I choose a new club," the 16-year-old starlet said.
However, reports in Spain claim Real Madrid have beaten Liverpool and Odegaard's other suitors to secure his signature after agreeing to pay around £3.5m to Strømsgodset, while also reaching an agreement with the player.
The Norwegian jewel has been training with Real Madrid's first team this week and on Wednesday 7 January, he attended the Copa del Rey derby between Los Blancos and Atletico Madrid at the Vicente Calderón.
However, Ancelotti has claimed the teenager is still on a trial at the Santiago Bernabeu and the Champions League winners are yet to make a final decision on whether to add him to their ranks – giving fresh hope to Liverpool over signing him.
Ancelotti said: "He has a bright future. He is very young. We wanted to meet him personally. He has trained with us but we have not made any decision on his signing yet."