Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 users can now get a taste of CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on their tablet. XDA Elite Recognised Developer codeworkx has released a preview build of CM10 based on Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. As this is a preview there might be a lot of bugs. Ever since Google released the Jelly Bean source code, developers are making the most use of it by porting the software to existing devices.
Check out the steps below on how to install the CM10 on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, courtesy of The Android Soul.
Please note that using the below procedure involves risk of data damage. IBTimes UK advises users to proceed at their own risk and will not be held responsible for any consequences.
Pre-requisites: Please keep in mind that the below method is compatible with Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 carrying the model number P3100/P3110/P3113 and will not be compatible with any other device. To check the device's version head into Settings > About tablet.
The method will wipe away all the data, apps and settings. IBTimes UK advises users to perform a back-up of all data and APN settings. Make sure that ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery has been installed in the device.
- Download ROM from the official thread on xda-developers. But make sure to download the appropriate ROM since the site has provided links for three different models (P3100/P3110/P3113).
- Download Google Apps package from the official thread on xda-developers.
- Copy both the downloaded files from step 1 and step 2 to your tablet's internal SDcard.
- Switch off your tablet and then boot into CWM recovery. To do so, press and hold Volume Up and Power buttons, and then as soon as a Samsung Tab 2 7 logo appears, release the Power button only. Keep holding the Volume Up button for few seconds more until a CWM recovery is shown up. Press Volume Down to highlight the recovery mode icon and then press Volume Up to enter into recovery. To scroll up and down use the Volume buttons.
- Make a Nandroid back-up of your existing ROM. In order to make the back-up go back to Backup and Restore > Select Backup on the next screen. Go back to the main recovery menu after the back-up.
- Select Wipe Data/ Factory Reset and choose "Yes" to confirm.
- After completing the process, select Install Zip option from SDcard. Now, select choose Zip from SDcard and select ROM file.
- Choose "Yes" to confirm installation. The ROM will begin installing.
- After installing ROM, select choose zip from SDcard once again and choose gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip file in order to install Google Apps package.
- After the installation, go back and choose reboot system now to reboot the device and boot into CM10.
The CM10, based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean has been installed on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.