A special education teacher accused of sleeping with her 18-year-old student may have had sex with at least three other pupils, police say.
Married mother-of-one Laura Ramos, 31, from Connecticut, is facing new charges as she awaits trial for having sexual relations with her first alleged victim.
She handed herself in to police on Wednesday (2 August) when she learned a second male student at her Bridgeport school had also alleged he was sexually assaulted by her in a restaurant.
Police have so far charged Ramos with only two counts of second-degree sexual assault relating to the two pupils, but police say they believe she had sex with two more pupils, the Connecticut Post reported.
"Laura Ramos continues to maintain her innocence and we look forward to the progression of the case," said Ramos's lawyer, Edward Gavin.
She was released after posting $50,000 bond.
Ramos, a mother-of-one from New Haven, resigned from her teaching role at Central High School when allegations first emerged in June.
Police said during questioning she admitted having sex with her 18-year-old student "a handful of times" between December 2016 and April this year. She said they had sex in her car most of the time.
Days after her arrest a second special education student at the high school then revealed that he too had sex with Ramos, investigators said.
They claimed to have gone with Ramos to a restaurant in Fairfield for dinner, after which they went to her car in the parking lot and had sex.
She is also accused of having sex with him in another restaurant's "electrical room".
In further details released by investigators, Ramos is alleged to have also complained to the teen that her husband didn't want to have sex with her.
He also says Ramos sent him a text saying their time together was the best sex she ever had.
Ramos's husband accompanied her to her first arraignment but was not seen during her subsequent court appearance on Wednesday, when Ramos reportedly sat alone in the back of the court staring at her phone.
The case is expected to continue in court on 14 August.