Wednesday, or #HumpDay on social media, arrives with Eurovision 2015 leading Google Trends after Pertti Kurikan Nimipaivat, a Finnish punk band with learning difficulties, was eliminated from the first semi-final. The event will probably stay on the daily trends for the rest of the week.
Since social media never gets boring, also making the rounds on the internet are the world's first electrical car ferry, a wallpaper TV and a "hairy" stag party.
Google trends UK – Top 5
- Eurovision 2015 - 50,000+ searches
- Wizz Air - 50,000+ searches
- Raheem Sterling - 20,000+ searches
- Tidal - 20,000+ searches
- Lord Mountbatten - 10,000+ searches
Twitter trends UK – Top 10 (as of 12.20pm BST)
Facebook trends - Top 5
Takata Corporation: Company Expands Recall to 34 Million Vehicles Due to Faulty Airbags
Hatton Garden: Police Arrest 7 in Raid Following Safety Deposit Box Heist in London
Chelsea Flower Show: Royal Horticultural Society Hosts 5-Day Garden Show in London
Stag Party: Friends Reportedly Glue Body Hair to Groom's Face at Event
Louise Mensch: Former Conservative MP Accused of Bullying Teen on Social Media
Alexa Trends – Top 10
1. Rumer Willis
7. Mad Men
8. Dean Potter
9. Bad Blood
10. Twin Peaks Waco
Most shared stories
- World's First Electrical Car Ferry In Operation Now
- LG's Astonishing "Wallpaper TV" Is So Thin You Can PEEL It Off The Wall
- Queensland Police Issue 'Wanted' Notice For Nickelback Over 'Crimes Against Music'
- [Sweden] Equality Minister: "Companies without at least 40% women in the board of directors to be dissolved by the state".
- Sichuan man spends 10,000 RMB on ice coffin to keep dead wife's body in bedroom