Resurrection Remix ROM based on the popular CyanogenMod 12 release with support for Android 5.0.2 Lollipop can now be installed on Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100), with due credit to the industrious XDA Developers for creating and releasing this ROM.
The ROM brings stock Android Lollipop features to Galaxy Note 2 in a highly-stable release with performance optimisations that will make the device run faster and achieve a longer battery-life.
According to XDA Developers and initial user response, the result of installing the Resurrection Remix ROM on Galaxy Note 2 seems very positive, as there are no reported bugs or software related problems till date.
Interested users can go ahead and install the latest Lollipop based CM12 ROM on their Galaxy Note 2 by following our step-by-step guide provided below.
IBTimes UK reminds readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to device during or after the ROM installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- The instructions given in this guide are meant for the international variant of Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100) only. Verify device model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone
- Ensure the phone has at least 80% battery charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while installing the ROM
- Back up data and settings using a recommended custom recovery tool, like ClockworkMod(CWM) or TWRP, as it creates a complete image of the existing phone setup. In Recovery, choose Backup and Restore and tap Backup
- Verify correct USB drivers for the phone are installed on the computer (download Galaxy Note 2 USB drivers)
- Enable USB Debugging mode via Settings > Developer Options (if running Android 4.0 or above) or Settings > Applications > Development (if running Android 2.3 or earlier)
- Ensure that the device is rooted with CWM recovery installed and its bootloader is unlocked
Steps to Install CyanogenMod 12 based Android5.0.2 Resurrection Remix ROM on Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
Step 1 - Download CyanogenMod 12 Android 5.0 custom ROM for Galaxy Note 2 on the computer.
Step 2 - Connect and mount the phone's USB mass storage on computer with the USB cable.
Step 3 - Now, copy the downloaded Resurrection Remix ROM zip file to the root folder on the phone's SD card.
Step 4 - Power off the phone and disconnect its USB cable from computer.
Step 5 - Now boot the device into Recovery Mode by pressing Volume up, Home and Power buttons on your phone.
Step 6 - Once the phone enters into CWM Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by clicking Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Use the Volume keys to navigate between options and the Power button to select an option in the Recovery Mode.
Step 7 - Then, perform Wipe Cache Partition and wait until the process completes.
Step 8 - Now perform Wipe Dalvik Cache as well. To do this, go to the 'advanced' option and then click Wipe Dalvik Cache. This will help in preventing boot loop issues or any boot ROM related errors during firmware installation.
Step 9 - Then return to the main recovery menu and choose Install Zip from SD card.
Step 10 - Now click Choose Zip fromSD card. Use volume keys to navigate to the Resurrection Remix ROM zip file that you copied earlier to your phone's SD card and choose it by tapping the Power button. Confirm the ROM installation on the next screen and the installation process will begin.
Note: Repeat Step 9 and Step 10 to install Google Apps (Gapps) as well.
Step 11 - Once both the Gapps and ROM are installed, go to "+++++Go Back+++++" and select Reboot System Now in the Recovery menu.
The phone will now reboot and the first boot may take about five minutes to complete. So, please be patient.
Your Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 is now running the latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop via CM12 based Resurrection Remix custom ROM. Go to Settings > About phone to verify the firmware version installed.