Motorola has confirmed the rollout of the latest KitKat software with Android v4.4.4 for Moto X users in the UK.
Carrying build number 212.44.26, the update is currently seeding live for the UK variant of Moto X with model number XT1052. Along with the new KitKat firmware, the update brings new features, enhancements and bug fixes for the Moto X. Below is the official changelog for Android 4.4.4.
Besides, it is now possible to turn off the carrier text located in the top-left corner of the status bar, adds Android Central. To do so, navigate to Settings>> Wireless & Networks>> More>> Mobile Networks then uncheck Show mobile network.
Moto X users, who are looking for a method to install Android 4.4.4 update on their devices, may check the following guides.
How to install Android 4.4.4 (212.44.26 build) on Moto X
1) If you have received the update notification for this latest software, follow the steps below
- Select Download
- When the software is downloaded, select Install now
- After the software is installed, the Moto X will restart automatically
- Check the software version. Your phone should now be updated with 212.44.26
2) If you have received the update notification for this latest software, follow the steps below
- Select Settings in the apps menu
- Select About phone
- Select System updates
- Select Download. When the download is completed, select Install
- After the software is installed the phone will restart automatically
- The Moto X should now running 212.44.26.