As people all over the world gear to celebrate Halloween on 31 October, children would be looking forward to trick and treating neighbours, while adults will be eager to show-off their weird outfits.
As Halloween has become extremely popular all over the world, IBTimes UK has compiled top quotes for you to share with family and friends.
1. This now the very witching time of night, when churchyards yawn and hell itself breathes out contagion to this world. – William Shakespeare
2. October proved a riot a riot to the senses and climaxed those giddy last weeks before Halloween. – Keith Donohue
3. Oh how the candles will be lit and the wood of worm burn in a fiery dust. For on all Hallow's Eve will the spirits come to play and only the fruit of thy womb will satisfy their endless roaming. – Solange Nicole
4. Proof of our society's decline is that Halloween has become a broad daylight event for many. – Robert Kirby
5. Halloween was the best holiday, in my opinion, because it was all about friends, monsters, and candy, rather than family and responsibility. – Margee Kerr
6. As spirits roam the neighborhoods at night, let loose upon the Earth till it be light. – Nicholas Gordon
7. Halloween is an opportunity to be really creative. – Judy Gold
8. All my life, I have been a celebrant of Halloween. For me, it is the most important day of the year, the turning point in the old pagan calendar. – John Burnside
9. Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen, voices whisper in the trees, "Tonight is Halloween! – Dexter Kozen
10. When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers, 'tis near Halloween – Anonymous
Have a spooktacular Halloween!