A restraining order against Johnny Depp has been extended for two more months. The Hollywood actor's estranged wife, Amber Heard was granted a temporary restraining order against him, after she accused him of domestic violence.
On May 27 a Los Angeles judge ordered Depp to stay 100 yards away from the actress and ruled that he should not try to contact her until a hearing on 17 June.
Earlier, the 30-year-old had submitted a petition for divorce citing irreconcilable differences.
The restraining order was originally granted after Heard alleged that Depp had hit her in the face with an iPhone. She submitted images of the injuries she suffered, which appear to show bruising around her eye. In documents filed with the court giving a detailed account of a catalogue of alleged abuse, Heard said Depp, 53, had a "history of drug and alcohol abuse" and had been "verbally and physically abusive" throughout their four-year-relationship.
"I endured excessive emotional, verbal and physical abuse from Johnny, which has included angry, hostile, humiliating and threatening assaults to me whenever I questioned his authority or disagreed with him," she stated.
"He is often paranoid and his temper is exceptionally scary for me as it has proven many times to be physically dangerous and/or life-threatening to me. I live in fear that Johnny will return ... unannounced to terrorise me, physically and emotionally."
A spokeswoman for Los Angeles Superior Court said the case - which had been due to be heard on Friday - will take place on August 15 and 16, after a telephone discussion between the judge and lawyers for Depp and Heard on Thursday.
Lawyers for Heard and Depp, 52, have been in talks over a settlement, however she did not respond to his offer of spousal support.
The Hollywood couple first met on the set of The Rum Diary shortly after the father-of-two ended his 14-year relationship with French actress Vanessa Paradis. They married in February 2015, after dating for three years.